Senior Group Accountant
Salary Up to $60 per hour + Competitive Rate
Consultant Emma Forster
Date posted 7 April 20192019-04-07 2019-05-07 accountancy Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 60 60 60 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This New Zealand business is a household name when it comes to the Information Technology services industry. Having been in operation for a number of years the business has expanded and now has offices across New Zealand, Australia and Asia, employing over 5,000 people.
The Group Accountant is responsible for reporting the firm’s results to the Board and external stakeholders, including statutory accounts, key financial performance indicator data, profitability information, external audit liaison and management of the Taxation and Treasury functions. The group reporting function also provides support to the group’s internal finance team by being the centre of excellence for the group’s technical accounting requirements.
This role does require an immediate start, for a 3 month contract paying approx $60 per hour, depending on your level of experience.
- Preparation of monthly and annual multi-currency financial accounts
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with preparation of IFRS compliant financial statements disclosures and position papers
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reporting to the Board
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with external audit requests, trial balance reviews
- Preparation financial analysis covering financial performance, balance sheet, working capital requirements, and monitoring capital spend to track operational performance of the Group
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with NZ IFRS 15 and NZ IFRS 16 implementation projects, including designing relevant corporate policies and procedures around these areas
- Manage the company’s employee share scheme, and preparation of Trust accounts for the scheme
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar group reporting role
- Proven experience in consolidated multi-currency financial reporting for a complex listed global organisation
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
This role provides a great opportunity in a global business. The role offers a competitive salary and great working conditions.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Forster on 09 374 7350.