Internal Audit Manager
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 12 March 2017
A great senior managerial role in the audit space with room for progression and growth.
The purpose of the Internal Audit Manager role is to provide independent advisory and assurance services, specifically the provision of high quality advice and recommendations on the improvement of management processes, systems and controls to support the business in achieving its strategic and operational objectives.
- Assist the business leaders with the development and implementation of audit strategies and tactics.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Internal Audit methodology, frameworks, processes, and tools.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and implementation of the annual internal audit plan, focusing on key strategic projects and initiatives for the business.
- Complete the day-to-day delivery of allocated audits, this includes managing workflow and ensuring the quality and timeliness of work undertaken.
- Assist in reporting to the board and senior management on the effectiveness of the company’s internal control environment and practices.
- Assist with the monitoring, follow-up and validating closure of agreed management actions from assurance reviews.
- Support the business leaders in the preparation of regular reporting (example the quarterly report for the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee) and as required the provision of reports to business and senior management (example on the existence and effectiveness of internal controls in their operational areas).
- Conduct reviews of audit practices and procedures.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships, including communications with Risk Management, the business, support unit staff and management.
- Audit experience of at least 5 years (Financial services experience is desirable).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in internal audit at a senior or audit management level, with a sound understanding of audit, internal control and risk management principles.
- Accountable for all aspects of assignment delivery including planning, stakeholder engagement, analysis and report writing.
- Experience with internal policy and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in undertaking IT audit and data analytics.
- Experience in undertaking programme and project quality assurance reviews.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership ability and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to build trusted relationships.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive process improvements.
Fantastic role in a well known and reputable business. This is a challenging and diverse role with room for future progression.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.