Internal Audit Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 8 July 20192019-07-08 2019-09-06 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 120000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking an Internal Audit Manager managing the delivery of end to end internal audit assignments and risk management projects.
Be part of a dynamic, every growing Financial Services giant with a reputable culture and work environment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager and working across all areas of the bank giving you excellent exposure to senior stakeholder, you will participate and often lead independent reviews of control frameworks, systems, policies and procedures across New Zealand and identify areas for remediation and opportunities for enhancement.
- To understand and follow Audit’s strategy and its alignment to the wider company strategy
- To participate in strategic audit management planning
- To liaise with Group Audit in order to ensure consistency and compliance with Group requirements.
- Assist in audit planning, including the identification of processes, risks and controls for testing
- Execute audit fieldwork: Test the design and operating effectiveness of controls. Identify and document audit issues, including performing a significance analysis and agreeing management action plans.
- Collaborate within own team and with Group Audit subject matter experts in credit, technology, risk and compliance
- Assist in the reporting stages of the audit engagement, including preparing and discussing audit reports with management.
- These audit reports form the basis of the messages reported to the Board Audit Committee on a quarterly basis
- Continuously monitor business unit developments, activities, issue management, emerging risks or concerns
- Performing special assignments / targeted thematic reviews
- Participate in NZ Audit and Group Audit led continuous improvement initiatives.
- To ensure all workplace policies and procedures are complied with in order to meet legislative requirements and our commitment to employees
- To ensure our market practices and those of our providers maintain and demonstrate ethical standards in order to reflect company’s commitment to being an ethically conscious organisation
- Ensure you are familiar and always comply with company’s health and safety policy and procedures, including recording and reporting all hazards, discomforts, accidents or incidents.
- Qualified as a Chartered Accountant (Australia & NZ) or CPA (Australia) or through the Institute of Internal Auditors
- At least 5 years of internal or external audit experience
- Strong communication, problem-solving & relationship skills
- Experience in financial services or banking is desirable
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as ACL, Power BI is desirable.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.