Senior Corporate Accountant
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 3 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 accountancy Auckland Central Auckland Central Auckland NZ NZD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a great role for an Accountant who consistently exceeded expectations, and is excited by the prospect of a challenge.
Dynamic global organisation in the IT industry. This New Zealand business has grown into a truly global organisation with 30 offices across New Zealand, Australia, Asia, US and the UK.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the company’s Group Reporting team. Reporting to the Accounting Services Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for financial accounting and processing, business performance analysis, reporting and tax & statutory compliance. The Senior Accountant will work alongside the wider finance team as well as external stakeholders such as banks, auditors and customers.
- Ensuring all month-end accounting duties are completed within the monthly timeframes
- Working closely with the Group Finance team to provide the business and shared services team with any technical accounting advice as required
- Complete all the balance sheet recs for month-end and annual financial reporting
- Preparation of month end balance sheet analysis and entity reporting for the Group’s consolidated reporting
- Prepare the year-end Financial Statements for the Group’s Corporate and Holdings entities
- Managing the year-end audit queries
- Preparation of variance analysis for Actual vs Forecast vs Budget
- Assisting in providing financial data and strategic support to the corporate service lines, finance business partners, group finance, and senior management
- Analysing trends in backlog, sales, cost of sales, profit and cash (net funds) and providing recommendations in support of strategic business decisions
- Ensuring all operational tax (GST, FBT, PAYG, Payroll Tax, NRWT) is calculated and paid in accordance with local regulations
- Actively assessing all current end to end financial processes and making recommendations for optimisation, implementing agreed improvements, with a view to standardising all processes across the Group.
- 3+ years post CA/CPA qualification experience required
- CA/CPA Qualification essential
- Experience working in a challenging fast-paced environment, amid a transformation
- Familiarity with GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, can build relationships with staff at any level in the organisation
- Proven ability to collaborate across different teams and jurisdictions
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
This is the great opportunity to work in an interesting and fast paced organisation in a fantastic environment. The role offers a competitive salary and professional growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.