Consultant Emeline Sales
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 accountancy Christchurch Canterbury NZ NZD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Grant Thornton https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/
Grant Thornton are a global accounting firm that places a large emphasis on their internal culture and the opportunities these provide. They also pride themselves on the winning and servicing of prestigious clients. With three offices in New Zealand and in over 130 locations around the world, working with this firm has both personal and professional benefits that could be internationally transferable. The overall purpose of the Audit Manager is to provide audit services to clients and to contribute to the local and national teams, providing management and leadership to these teams. You will be working closely with the partners across a variety of sectors, looking after your own portfolio and managing the wider Audit team.
- Establishing audit objectives and overall audit assignment scope to ensure efficiency and risk objectives are met, consulting with a partner as necessary
- Preparing final draft reports for partner sign off including audit report, management representation, a summary of significant matters and client recommendations
- Managing a portfolio of clients, including managing all aspects of the client relationship and ensuring positive working relationships are maintained, and reporting on this to the partner on a regular basis
- Managing team performance including providing coaching and feedback, conducting regular performance appraisals
- Identifying possible business opportunities for the firm as part of day-to-day activities, discussing these with a partner and following up as agreed
If you have the following skills, knowledge or experience, or have the potential to develop in these areas, then we would love to hear from you:
- Chartered Accountants ANZ / CPA
- Experience with Microsoft packages
- Exposure to Voyager, IDEA, TBEAM
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical audit concepts, standards and processes
- Experience managing a team and a desire to mentor and coach team members to unlock their potential
What we offer
Joining the Grant Thornton team means joining a culture which values you and values your individual needs. They offer a competitive remuneration package, five weeks annual leave, car park (or allowance), flexi-time, a day to volunteer, fully support your professional development and pay for your membership fees.
They are committed to providing a supportive environment for their people.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emeline Sales on 027 310 2009.