Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 27 November 2016
This role is responsible for assisting the Group Finance Manager in management reporting, financial analysis and finance based projects.
The Smith Uren Group is an international trading company with companies in New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.
Primarily an importer, agent and distributor of industrial and home textile products, the group is also the home of The Aromatherapy Company which is an internationally renowned brand in home fragrance and body care.
For over 50 years, the Smith Uren Group has been market leaders in their field and continue to enjoy strong growth both here and overseas.
All finance functions in the group are conducted in the Auckland head office, under the leadership of the Group Finance Manager.
The Management Accountant is responsible for assisting the Group Finance Manager in the management reporting, financial analysis and finance based projects for selected companies within the group.
The Management Accountant will also undertake commercial analysis of existing business and provide support to the management and owners in areas of the business as directed.
- Detailed analysis and comparison reporting of all businesses within the group
- Preparation of full working papers and financial reporting for certain companies within the group.
- Consolidation of all companies accounts as required on a monthly basis.
- Provide commentary, sales analysis and trend analysis for the business.
- Produce Management Reports Showing Stock turn per division/average debtor days/sales analysis/group performance as required by Group finance Manager
- Stock aging and movement reports to be produced for management on a monthly basis – commentary to be provided on material concerns/movements
- Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory
- Investigation and analysis of actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Reporting to management on viability of the business model identifying risks/opportunities for reducing risk
- Take a lead role in systems upgrades and improving efficiencies of company procedures in conjunction with the Group Finance Manager
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with annual budget preparation for trading companies and the consolidated group
- Assist with forecasting financial performance as required.
- Assess compliance requirements from a financial perspective in relation to the companies and their markets of operation.
- Assist with foreign exchange management for all companies within the group
- Provide cover for Financial accountant role and Group Finance manager as required
- A minimum of four years experience as an accountant working in a similar international trading business – wholesale/import
- Desire to help drive businesses forward and identify improvement opportunities
- CA/CPA Qualification preferred.
- An in depth understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and manipulate data.
- Hands on approach essential with a high attention to detail
- Experience in reviewing financial reports and investigating anomalies to be reported to management.
- Ability to identify problems and provide suitable solutions to management across the finance function.
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic can do attitude.
Great role offering a competitive salary and excellent working environment.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.