Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-12 accountancy Auckland CBD NZ NZD 55000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
A great role working within a team to deliver efficient processes and administration of the payroll function.
This organisation is an exciting industry working across many markets. This is a collaborative team that are driven by continues improvement and development therefore there is scope to gain new skills and grow within the role and the company.
This role is based within their head office in Auckland CBD. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this payroll administrator is responsible for end to end processing of payroll for 200 staff, as well as assisting with budgeting for payroll costs and providing commentary on variances to forecast for each pay run. The role sits alongside another payroll officer.
• Ensure efficient operation of payroll systems and processes
• End to end preparation and processing of payroll for 200 staff
• Updating and maintaining staff records
• Prepare commentary on variances to forecast for each pay run
• Assist budgeting process for payroll costs and maintain rolling forecast
• Answer staff and management payroll queries
• Perform first check for all Request To Hire submitted against the budget/forecast personnel cost
• Ensure payroll related tax deductions are remitted to Tax authorities
• Liaise with and provide support to external stakeholders as required
• 2 years’ experience in payroll (within NZ) is desired
• Thorough understanding of NZ payroll legislation including the Holidays Act and ACC
• Thorough understanding of payroll systems
• Great communication skills
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office
• Working experience of iPayroll would be an advantage
This is a collaborative role based within a large business. This role offers an excellent working environment and an opportunity to gain new skills.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.