Salary $120,000 - $130,000 per annum
Consultant Jaimee-lea Binnie
Date posted 20 June 2022auckland accountancy-finance/project-accountant 2022-06-27 2022-08-19 accountancy Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A chance to take full ownership of all project accounting aspects for the NZ business including development opportunities into Pacific projects. Provide financial management to enable the oversight of multiple projects. Along with business partnering with all key stakeholders to improve process and control.
- Responsible for Commercial projects across New Zealand.
- Responsible for the New Zealand Power Systems and Services business segments.
- Perform monthly project review and revenue forecasting with Project Managers.
- Review new projects and work with Tender Team prior to creation of projects in SAP.
- Prepare and distribute project management reporting and financial assessment to the relevant stakeholders within the business.
- Provide business performance reporting and forecasting for Power Systems and Services business segments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly presentations to local management team.
- Investigate, interpret and communicate trends in the commercial levers of the business (sales, price, volume, mix and margin).
- Responsible for providing the financial governance and oversight of the projects and services segments of the NZ business.
- This includes the provision of timely and reliable financial reporting that assists and supports decision making.
- Critically review the month-end reporting provided by Central Finance and Finance Shared Services for accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Provide financial assistance to the NZ Country Finance Business partner in the delivery of value - added finance support to the NZ business - This support includes analysing the business trends, providing decision making support and assisting with the implementation of strategic financial action plans.
- Work collaboratively with Central Finance and Finance Shared Services as well as the wider NZ business to achieve reporting excellence that meets the commercial needs of the business.
- Provide key variance analysis and insight; (sales, orders and costs) against forecast and target.
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial position of the business and assist the NZ Finance Business Partner make recommendations for cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Identify and address process improvements regarding financial practices and management reporting.
- Assist NZ Finance Business Partner and the NZ management team to ensure quarterly forecasting and business reviews are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide business intelligence as required for annual audits (internal and external).
- Ensure all processes and controls are adhered to under corporate guidelines.
- Work with business managers in identifying, assessing and implementing operational and reporting improvements.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Charted Accountant, with experience in the construction industry an advantage.
- Contract knowledge, understanding of construction and engineering standards.
- Have excellent technical skills with broad experience in accounting systems and Excel.
- Strong communications skills and experience business partnering with non-financial people, specifically Project Managers.
- Strong financial analytical skills.
- Experience working as sole charge for a particular function, managing large portfolio of projects.
- Be a self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, a clear logical thinker and have excellent time management skills.
- Have a proven ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, with people at all levels and with appropriate supplier and customer focus
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with large volume of data with a strong attention to detail
- Be team-orientated, contribute to common goals and willingly helps others
- Be responsible - proven capability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Organized - proven ability to prioritize work and achieve challenging deadlines; and
- Quality focused - adopts a thorough approach and achieves high accuracy.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 7 June 2022Our client is a leading expert within the early education sector and is looking for an Accounts Payable Project Coordinator to come on board for an exciting opportunity. This new role will partially be looking after a high performing team of two Accounts Payable Officers as well as assessing the newly implemented AliiPay operational functions. This would be the perfect opportunity for an experience Accounts Payable Officer with hands on implementation experience looking to break into the management space.
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 per annumLocation: AucklandDate posted: 29 May 2022The purpose of this role is to hold responsibility for financial planning, operational analysis, the month end closing and monthly reporting to help the business to achieve the business objectives and financial reporting requirements.