Senior Systems Accountant (12 Month FTC)
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-11 2020-01-10 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland Auckland CBD NZ NZD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity for career growth with one of New Zealand’s leaders in Financial Services
This organisation is one of the largest providers of financial and insurance services in New Zealand.
This is the ideal role for an experienced system focused Accountant. The ideal candidate will need to have New Zealand experience, preferably within the Financial Services industry. This role is key to influence and guide the design, testing and roll-out of new systems feeds, mobile applications and GL enhancements to achieve the right long-term outcomes for Finance.
- Be the SME for all system feeds, data flows and mappings into and out of the GL and provide support and guidance for all queries or changes relating to these feeds
- Influence and guide the design of new system feeds into the GL to achieve the right long-term outcomes for Finance
- Monitor daily system feeds into the GL and communicate, investigate and resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Lead the design/communication, testing and rollout of mobile applications and GL enhancements and upgrades as they arise
- Thoroughly investigate and identify root causes for systems issues, providing support and training to the wider Finance team for all queries relating to relevant Finance Systems
- Identify and carry out adhoc projects and process improvement / automation work as opportunities arise
- CA/CPA Qualified preferred
- Strong general systems skills and an understanding of technical issues
- Strong reconciliation skills and ability to understand and follow flows of data
- Sound Visual Basic and SQL skills preferred
- Sound knowledge of accounting concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Peoplesoft administrator experience is an advantage
- Financial Services environment – banking and/or insurance preferred
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role in a fantastic business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.