Chief Risk Officer
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 20 May 20192019-06-13 2019-07-19 banking Auckland CBD Auckland NZ NZD 200000 250000 250000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A top five global banking corporation is looking for a self-motivated, proactive individual to lead the risk management and compliance teams in New Zealand.
One of the most powerful and valuable banking corporations globally who run a wholesale and retail banking business in New Zealand. Operations include corporate and commercial loans, trade finance and FX, treasury facilities and financial services for cross border transactions.
The role is part of the Executive Committee and will give the incumbent ownership of all the Risk and Compliance functions across New Zealand. This remit will include responsibility for all credit market and operational risks and will also factor in liquidity to the range of responsibilities.
- Manage a team of risk and compliance professionals
- Work within the current group risk management scope in the development and implementation of a robust risk management framework
- Advise the board on issues that arise across credit, market and operational risk and compliance
- Significant experience in a risk management leadership role with a particular focus on credit risk
- Experience of managing a team
- Experienced in communicating with regulators
- High attention to detail, strong business and financial acumen and an understanding of the wider business implications of risk management and compliance. Willing to take on a hands on role.
- Mandarin or Cantonese language skills.
The Chinese banking sector is an ever present and rapidly growing market in New Zealand and one which will continue to expand, evolve and shape the way in which business is transacted from institutional, commercial and retail perspectives. This particular bank is a market leader and pioneer in embracing both its own traditions and the culture of the country in which it has chosen to do business. The CRO role is an opportunity for a forward thinking individual to be part of that.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.