Derivatives Settlements Officer (Contract)
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 30 May 20192019-06-13 2019-06-29 banking Auckland CBD Auckland Auckland CBD NZ NZD 70000 72000 72000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Seeking a Derivative Settlement Officer with experience in either a Financial Institution or a Corporate Treasury environment for a 6-month contract opportunity.
Seeking a Derivative Settlement Officer for a global bank.
This role involves the settlement, authorising and confirming of Derivative, Securities and FX transactions and product exposure to Interest rate and currency swaps, Futures, Options, Collateral Management and Wholesale FX.
- Settlement of transactions utilising various agents, registry’s brokers, and systems such as NZCLEAR, SWIFT, Calypso and proprietary systems
- Actioning of transaction lifecycle events of transactions undertaken by Treasury and Markets dealing teams at inception, rate set, maturity or termination.
- Delivery of initiatives that improve system performance, productivity & process
- Ensuring compliance obligations, risk mitigation and control functions relevant for the business are adhered to, maintained and relevant.
- Developing a competent knowledge and understanding of product characteristic’s, settlement practices and regulations with regard to the products traded by Treasury and Markets dealing teams.
- Dealing with a high volume of transactions in a timely, controlled and effective manner.
- Building a network within the organisation working collaboratively on initiatives and delivery of superior customer service
- Derivative and/or Securities settlement experience
- Inquisitive nature: the role is dealing with exceptions and the delivery of initiatives, so problem-solving, and investigative skills are essential.
- Ability to work with a combination of automated and manual processes
- Degree or equivalent in finance or similar relevant field
- NZFMA accreditation (if not accredited a willingness to attain accreditation)
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.