Risk Manager - Markets
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 3 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 banking Auckland Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Market Risk Manager who is a subject matter expert who can assist develop and enhance policies and practices with regards to market risk - including trading book interest rate risk and FX risk management.
Working for a global bank, the Risk Manager will be looking after market risk, certain treasury and credit requirements. This position requires a strategic and analytical thinker who is an excellent problem-solver and has strong modelling skills.
Must have local New Zealand experience.
- Bring strong local knowledge, skills and experience to enhance market risk management of a local bank
- Develop, maintain and update bank wide market risk strategies, measurement models, methodologies and approaches (e.g. VaR methodology and stress testing)
- Perform assessment and support to new treasury products
- Fully understand local regulatory requirements especially regarding RBNZ market risk capital charges
- Integrate these into the group’s market risk management framework including policies, procedures and system operation processes, to ensure implementation and compliance with relevant requirements.
- Provide input to market risk identification, measurement, monitoring and mitigation as required by the bank’s internal risk management framework
- And assist the Head of Credit and Risk with market risk reporting to the Risk Management Committee and Board Risk Committee
- Participate in the implementation and testing of treasury systems, verify day-to-day treasury deals to ensure booking accuracy and compliance with relevant limits, and maintain the operations of internal market risk management systems.
- Prepare and submit market risk or related treasury deal analysis reports on time with good quality to local regulatory authority, the parent bank, the bank’s senior management and/or external auditors
- Build and maintain multiple internal and external relationships in order to maintain expert level knowledge of current and emerging risk environments
- Includes collaboration with treasury and accounting teams, and partnering with other risk staff regarding certain products, e.g. bond investment, derivatives trading and other transaction with peer banks
- Postgraduate qualifications preferred but not compulsory
- Proven track record as a market risk manager
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience required in New Zealand in similar roles
- Excellent skills and understanding: treasury products, market risk boundaries, measurement tools and local practices.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.