Senior Manager Operational Risk
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 1 August 20192019-08-01 2019-09-30 banking Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking strong Compliance Professional for a Line 2 Operational Risk function, redesign, implementation and ongoing review of approach to Operational Risk Management, including frameworks, supporting tools and practices.
A New Zealand Bank
Develop and deliver changes that drive uplift in operational risk management capability and risk culture. Partner with your stakeholders to provide insightful advice, guidance and practical support that will advance goals and enable sustainable operational risk management outcomes.
- Establishing a clear Op Risk vision and objectives which are aligned to the Group’s broader risk management strategy and appetite.
- Support the Head of in translating Board approved risk appetite and lead components of the redesign, implementation and ongoing review of approach to Operational Risk Management, including frameworks, supporting tools and practices.
- Maintain this approach and provide SME advice to line one on their application within and across divisions, including control design and testing.
- Partner with your stakeholders to achieve sound risk management across the organisation. You will provide them with insightful advice, guidance and practical support that will advance goals and enable sustainable risk management outcomes. practice.
- Provide oversight and partner with line one with incidents and issues including the review and challenge of actions/ root cause analysis.
- Manage processes associated with operational risk capital model including quarterly OR portfolio reviews, refreshes of model inputs and where necessary engagement with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with other line two Risk teams. Contribute at both a divisional and bank-wide level across key forums and governance committees, including the Board.
- Champion our efforts to strengthen risk culture.
- Liaise with Commonwealth Bank of Australia OR counterparts on policy and monitoring outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in business or related discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Experience in operational risk disciplines most likely gained through large organisations.
- Clear understanding of Three Lines of Accountability, particularly the role that Line 2 plays
- Experience in developing and delivering change
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Business advisory and assurance experience.
Be part of a dynamic; highly committed company that loves what they do and value their employees.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.