Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 21 August 20192019-08-21 2019-10-20 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Risk Analyst involved in Capital management adequacy, credit risk portfolio analytical tools (ICAP, IFRS 9).
Ensuring implementation and compliance with relevant policies and procedures by fully understanding local regulatory requirements and Group risk management framework including policies, procedure and system operation processes.
Must have Local New Zealand experience.
Chinese or Mandarin essential!
• Maintain and update internal risk measurement and reporting models, methodologies and approaches.
• Review and/or suggest amendments to relevant risk control policies and procedures to align with the bank’s risk appetite and boundaries as well as regulatory requirements.
• Prepare and submit various data analysis reports on time with good quality to local regulatory authority, the parent bank, the bank’s senior management and/or external auditors.
• Complete automation projects to reduce and minimize manual reporting processes and enhance control of data accuracy and conduct stress testing to assess risk status and suggest preventative controls for extreme situations.
• Actively involved in the operations of internal risk management systems, including parameter setting and adjusting, deal authorization, data processing and reporting, coordination with various roles to complete the regular reporting work, relevant training and system testing.
• Submit and present policy & procedure enhancement proposal, data analysis results and other recommendation to the Risk Management Committee where necessary, and support to prepare meeting minutes for management as well as Board risk committees.
• Provide support to Credit Managers in terms of loan assessment spreadsheet update and data quality assurance, as well as support to Finance team in terms of loan provision calculation and asset quality classification as per IFRS 9 requirements.
• Undertake close analysis and forecast of the Bank’s capital adequacy situation and advise the senior management if any issue related to regulatory limit compliance may happen.
• Assist and facilitate the communication with legal counsels and rating agencies and follow up with the action plan made with such discussions.
• Understand and apply NZ Operational Risk Framework to adopt necessary risk control processes, ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and monitor the effectiveness of risk reporting models and approaches.
• Help with other operational work that may be allocated by the management.
• At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar role (preferably from banking).
• Knowledge of key banking regulations (both local and offshore).
• Chinese or Mandarin Essential.
• Demonstrates rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Trading experience and management of risk exposures will be an advantage.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.