Head of Compliance & Licensing
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 3 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 financial-services Albany Auckland Albany NZ NZD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Strategi Group is looking to appoint a Head of Compliance & Licensing to manage their compliance consulting team.
Strategi Group is a market leader within financial services and related industries through the provision of regulatory training, continuing professional development, financial services compliance, AML/CFT auditing and licensing solutions.
Strategi Group has commenced an exciting phase of transformation and growth and is looking for a Head of Compliance & Licensing to take ownership of their Strategi Compliance business unit and build a team of compliance specialists. As such the incumbent must be aware of all regulatory and compliance changes across the financial services spectrum and how they apply to individual business segments.
- Management of team including AML auditors and compliance consultants
- Promotion of Strategi’s services to existing and new clients
- Develop guidance notes, whitepapers and presentations
- Collaboration with leaders of other functional areas to ensure projects are optimally staffed
- Implement and enhance processes and procedures to improve productivity and client satisfaction
- Proven experience in management and leadership role
- Considerable compliance experience, ideally across a variety of financial services companies
- Strong handle on key financial legislation such as FMCA 2013, FMCR 2014 and AML/CFT Act 2009
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise appropriately and meet deadlines
- Propensity for customer-facing communication skills, including sale of professional service products and projects
This represents a unique opportunity for someone with wide-ranging compliance experience across the New Zealand financial services market to take their career to the next level. For someone with the confidence and ability to apply their knowledge to different clients’ needs and with a sense of purpose the opportunity here is limitless. There has never been a better time to join a company like Strategi given the current regulatory regime and this opportunity will allow a strong Compliance Manager to reach their full potential and add considerable value to the wider financial services community.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.