Senior Credit Risk Manager – Corporate Lending
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 3 July 20192019-07-03 2019-09-01 banking Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Senior Credit Manager that produces credit analysis and corporate customers loan assessment and assist with the portfolio management function to proactively identify and remedy emerging high risk customers or concentrations.
The Senior Credit Manager will be the subject matter expert and assist, develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices. Coaching of junior staff.
Must have Local New Zealand Corporate Lending experience.
If you are Credit Specialist with more than 10 years’ experience or retired and looking for part time, permanent or contract opportunities, this role is for you.
- Bring strong local knowledge, lending assessment skills and experience to broaden the depth of credit and risk management of Company in NZ
- Assess the overall creditworthiness of funding applications (commercial, corporate, institutional and syndicated loans and trade finance facilities)
- Make recommendations for structuring lending facilities that mitigate risks and facilitate customer solutions that contribute to sustainable business growth through balancing risk and return.
- Make recommendations to the Credit Risk Committee and/or Board Risk Committee on individual credit applications.
- Lead development of technical, credit and risk management capabilities of bank staff and associated sales teams through coaching, mentoring and outcome based training.
- Provide active input on the management of the overall lending portfolio including early identification of industry and/or individual customer deterioration to proactively identify and remedy emerging high risk customers and/or concentrations
- Act as a subject matter expert and assist develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices.
- Build and maintain multiple internal and external relationships in order to maintain expert level knowledge of current and emerging risk environments.
- Interact knowledgeably about legal related lending issues and be able to confidently negotiate with a wide range of professionals.
- Provide guidance and support regarding loan drawdown check, credit files management and other post lending monitoring work.
• Tertiary qualification
• Financial analysis and modelling experience
• Corporate lending or loan processing experience preferred
• Risk Customer assessment experience (beneficial)
• Experience of distressed loan management and corporate loan recovery management (desired, but not a requirement)
• Knowledge of business-related securities and legislation
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.