Senior Credit Manager
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 7 July 20192019-07-07 2019-09-05 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland NZ NZD 140 210 210 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Senior Credit Manager – Commercial (CC&I) who are committed to ensuring they lead the market in credit risk quality and credit risk management.
Big 4 Bank
About the role:
You will be responsible for Credit Risk Evaluation & Maintaining Asset Quality
Business Partnerships & Operating rhythm and Credit Policy and Underwriting Standards, Process.
- Your primary focus will be to deliver quality credit decisions for transactions within a delegated Credit Approval Authority, whilst ensuring decisions are consistent with Credit Risk Management Principles, Credit Policy and the appropriate Underwriting Standards.
- Covering a variety of transactions, this role will be responsible for decisions regarding cash-flow lending, material dollar value and complex lending structures.
- Evaluating credit proposals and being responsible and accountable for lending decisions made under your individual Credit Approval Limit (CAL).
- Maintaining asset quality within agreed risk parameters and collaborating with the business unit to ensure proactive risk management of the portfolio.
- On the job training and coaching/mentoring for front line staff, including assistance with developing solutions for customers.
- Providing a quality checkpoint for business credit originations by completing hindsight reviews of decisions made by front line staff and other Credit Managers under their CAL authority.
- Providing input into credit policy and process improvements to support development and maintenance of policies and procedures consistent with credit risk management principles and rules.
- Supporting the wider Credit team as required where work pressures dictate and adopting a continuous improvement philosophy to build the brand in the market.
- Tertiary business-related degree preferred.
- Specialist in field through experience and sector knowledge.
- Significant banking/financial services experience across a broad range of disciplines with at least 10 years’ experience originating and approving credit transactions within Commercial/Corporate segments.
- Has been challenged in complex, diverse and pressured roles with considerable problem-solving demands.
- CB&W and CC&I credit policies (including specialised sectors).
- Credit systems and processes.
- Good knowledge of all lending products.
- CAL policy and procedures.
- Understanding operational, compliance and fraud risks related to credit risk.
- A sound knowledge of economic, regulatory and business environments, including trends and changes impacting credit risk.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.