Senior Manager Credit Risk - CBW
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 7 July 20192019-07-07 2019-09-05 accountancy Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 115 170 170 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Your main function will be to undertake high quality and timely Credit Quality Assurance reviews over consumer lending within CBW.
Overview of the company:
About the role:
Identification, management and monitoring Credit Risks within Consumer Banking & Wealth.
- The identification, management and monitoring Credit Risks within Consumer Banking & Wealth (CBW).
- Lead the development of a strong Credit Risk culture in CBW, driving awareness and improvement of risk management and responsible lending disciplines and maturity across all teams.
- Adopting an enterprise risk management approach across CBW, in order to integrate responsibilities and collaboratively resolve risk issues with other Senior Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk Managers.
- Provide Credit input to executive level risk governance reporting as required.
- To lead, develop and grow a high performing team to maximise employee performance.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. commerce, law).
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and risk awareness.
- Strong understanding of banks, products and processes and the regulatory environment they operate in (particularly consumer banking).
- Work experience of 10 years in the financial services industry with at least 5+ years in a risk discipline (credit management preferred, audit or operational risk), incorporating sound experience in Operational Risk & Compliance (design, application & monitoring) and audit processes.
- Ability to act independently within agreed framework.
- Strong knowledge of credit frameworks, responsible lending, systems and banking lending practices. Competent in analysing and interpreting results and trends.
- This role would also suit an experienced lender looking to move away from a customer facing role.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.