Regulatory Assurance Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 12 August 20192019-08-12 2019-10-11 banking Auckland CBD Auckland Auckland CBD NZ NZD 120000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Exciting opportunity to come into a newly created a new position to pro-actively manage end to end and all obligation activities within a Global Bank.
Supporting the Country Compliance Officer, maintaining and reporting on existing or identifying new requirements applicable to the bank, extracting the key obligations contained within, risk rate and record in central repository.
- Support implementation of the Compliance and Risk Management Framework (CRMF), including the strategy and standards, processes and tools to facilitate the identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks.
- Manage material regulatory risk exposures and activities in the bank in line with risk appetite, risk framework, policies and procedures and other controls.
- Assist in the development, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of business processes, procedures, systems and tools that ensure employees adhere to internal / external regulation.
- Providing guidance, advice and support on Regulatory Risk matters to the business and support functions.
- Review all new or changes to, existing regulatory and legislative activity and identify all obligations applicable to the Bank.
- Risk rate applicable obligations capture in central repository, work and support ‘internal’ owner(s) and ensure appropriate processes are established within the business to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Perform on periodic reviews based on a risk weighted basis to test business owner’s compliance to obligations.
- To report matters arising (to appropriate parties), make recommendations to business owners on resolution and perform follow reviews to ensure any required corrective actions have been made.
- Ensure that the business unit Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) are effective and adequate in managing in managing regulatory risks relevant for the business units.
- Ensure that Quality Assurance results are discussed with process owners and the management is notified of any adverse quality assurance results.
- To provide ‘in house’ legal opinion (commensurate with experience) or act as conduit with external service providers as applicable.
- Providing Regulatory Risk training, education and information to business.
- Assist in the preparation of Compliance /Quality Assurance reports to Management and Board Risk Committees.
- 3 year plus post legal qualification, with experience in banking regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of banking products and services.
- Ability to interpret and articulate complex material and communicate to staff, Management and Board in simple plain, easy to understand terms.
- Ability to provide pro-active, solution driven and with an ability to work as equally well either on your own or within a team environment.
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and writing) with interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism and apply a ‘do the right thing’ attitude; and
- Use your influencing skills to achieve the right outcomes.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.