Balance Sheet Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 18 September 20192019-10-03 2019-11-17 financial-services Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Seeking a Balance Sheet Manager who will be involved in strategic projects, policy & procedure maintenance and Banking book trading activities across NZ.
About the role:
Managing the Balance Sheet with respect to Liquidity/Funding, Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Risk.
Must have Local New Zealand experience
- Management of balance sheet interest rate risk and liquidity.
- Management of liquidity across the respective balance sheet including daily cash flow management and forecasting.
- Execute banking book trading such as MM, IRR hedging, FX hedging, and investment.
- Work with the team for debt issuance.
- Maintain and continually develop automated ALM reports for the NZ business, the parent bank and local authorities.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of the treasury related submissions to the Reserve Bank.
- Prepare and present Treasury reports to various committee’s (ALCO, BRC etc.)
- Provide Treasury related support to the Bank on system implementation.
- Ensure compliance of the treasury activities to the relevant policies and provide regular updates to the management.
- Responsible for writing, review, development and enhancement of the treasury related policies (Liquidity, FTP, Funding and other banking book management policies)
- • Complete regularly required ad hoc deliverable
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role (preferably from banking).
- Relevant post graduate qualification (CA/CFA/MBA) preferable.
- Deep understanding of balance sheet structure and associated risks.
- Knowledge of key banking regulations related to treasury (both local and offshore).
- Demonstrates rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Trading experience and management of risk exposures will be an advantage.
- NZ local debt issuance experience preferred.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.