Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 9 February 2017
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well known and highly regarded team with scope for excellent training and development prospects.
This company is a well known provider of independent prudential supervision of managed investment schemes and other financial products for the benefit of investors in New Zealand.
The Business Analyst role sits within the Corporate Trustee Services team and specialises in the supervision of managed investment schemes and other financial products. The position is centred on reporting and analysing, business planning and providing financial support internally.
- Provide financial analysis, compliance and risk advice as part of the CTS supervision team
- Perform client risk assessments and provide proactive advice to client service managers and clients to manage and mitigate risk
- Play a key role in the monitoring of client activity, particularly in relation to regulatory and statutory obligations
- Monitor compliance with governing documents in respect of managed investment schemes, superannuation schemes, KiwiSaver schemes, debt security issues and other arrangements. Specific activities will include monitoring, reviewing and analysing client reporting obligations (including financial statements, managers’ certificates, annual reports and other client reporting), and reviewing offering and other disclosure documents
- Maintain and develop knowledge of NZ financial, regulatory, trust law and legal practices as appropriate for CTS and our clients
- Ensure ongoing maintenance and development of business processes and procedures that meet our regulatory obligations (where applicable)
- A relevant accounting or finance qualification
- Proven experience in an internal audit, compliance or accounting background, particularly with investments and managed funds
- Familiarity with NZ legal and regulatory framework principles and legislation
- Demonstrable and strong knowledge of internal control frameworks and risk assessment
- An ability to “think outside the square”, bring a strong enquiry approach and be willing to challenge the status quo
This is a great opportunity to gain significant experience in the trustee and financial services market. Hit the ground running and make an impact in this role, where growth and development is fully supported.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.