Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Wilmarie Jansen
Date posted 3 December 2018 2018-12-03banking 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters
Seeking a Credit Analyst that produces quality and accurate credit analysis to support lending.
This role is for a New Zealand Bank.
About the role:
The Credit Analyst draw conclusions and make recommendations. Write credit applications, undertake annual reviews and perform covenant testing where required. The Credit Analyst conducts Bank business ethically and with integrity, maintaining alignment with the Bank’s brand values and delivering best possible customer outcomes.
- Ensure the best interests of customers are foremost in all actions and activity
- Ensure all actions and activity is aligned with Bank’s brand values
- Obtain information from Relationship Managers, Clients, or Broker/Intermediaries
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve business outcomes
- Provide accurate and comprehensive information to the Credit Risk team
- Complete accurate data collection and spreading of financial statements
- Complete analysis of financial data, performing ratio and trend analysis, calculating debt servicing capacity and security coverage
- Assess credit risk grading with supporting analysis
- Prepare loan applications
- Complete exposure analysis and reporting
- Complete security audits
- Complete facility reviews on a scheduled basis
- Manage compliance with loan covenants and conditions
- Achieve all individually assigned compliance requirements
- Relationship Business colleagues
- Credit Managers
- Operations team
- Brokers and Intermediaries
The Relationship Team consists of Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts, Asset Managers, Business Assistants, Account Managers and Rural Assistants selling and supporting business and rural lending products distributed via relationship channels in a direct to client model – that is interfacing with the end user of the Company product rather than an intermediary.
• Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary qualification in accounting or finance
• Financial analysis and modelling experience
• Business lending or loan processing experience preferred
• Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to read and understand financial statements
• Effective financial analysis skills
• Effective solution finding skills
• Knowledge of business related securities and legislation
• Enquiring mind
• Ability to negotiate
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Customer centricity
Fast paced rapid change work environment so agility, grit, resilience and a sense of urgency is valued. We challenge our people to think laterally and to shake things up as we drive at pace to achieve and then exceed our goals.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Wilmarie Jansen on 09 374 7304.