Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 28 November 2016
This is a business analyst role with responsibilities around reporting and analysing, business planning and providing financial support internally.
The company provides trustee, financial and investment services, helping all New Zealanders grow and protect the important things in their lives. Their vision is to be the leader in the trustee and financial services market.
The purpose of the Business Analyst position is to assume responsibility for allocated specialist services in reporting and analysis, business planning and the provision of financial support to client service managers. This will include a range of functions such as analysis of reports, review of disclosure documents, checking compliance with trust deed and statutory requirements, and supporting client service managers by becoming a trusted finance business partner.
- Provide business analysis and financial support for the company
- Play a key role in the monitoring of client activity, particularly in relation to regulatory and FMA requirements
- Monitoring compliance with the terms of appointment and associated statutory obligations in respect of unit trusts, superannuation schemes, KiwiSaver schemes, debt security issues, participatory issues, and other arrangements. Specific activities will include:
- Monitor, review and analyse client reporting obligations (including financial statements, managers’ certificates, annual reports and other client reporting)
- Review Prospectus, Investment Statement and other disclosure documents
- Demonstrate an enquiring mind and be willing to challenge the status quo
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in audit and a strong understanding of how balance sheets and financial statements work
- Able to work and resolve issues independently
- Awareness and knowledge of financial instruments and products
- General working knowledge of New Zealand tax and accounting requirements
- Understanding of Financial Markets Authority Guidelines applicable to supervised appointments
- An ability to “think outside the square” and bring a strong enquiry approach to review of reporting
- Good writing skills, with the ability to write professional reports
This is a great opportunity to join a high achieving team in a market leading company where hard work will be fully rewarded.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.