Payment and Settlements Officer
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 20 March 2017
This major banking institution is looking for a reliable, self starting individual to take on this central settlements role.
The business provides significant financial services to the New Zealand government and other financial institutions.
The Payment and Settlement Services Officer role sits within the Financial Services Group and revolves around the settlement of domestic and foreign market transactions and reconciliations of financial systems to ensure the detail and integrity of the fiscal information.
There will be also be a requirement to assist in evening roster duties every 6-10 weeks, or as needed.
- Settlement of domestic and foreign market transactions, and investment transactions on behalf of the Bank’s external customers.
- Undertake Corporate Actions for New Zealand Central Securities Depository.
- Reconciliation of the Bank and Crown’s NZClear accounts and cash management and investigate any discrepancies.
- NZClear/RTGS Administration and Help Desk support to customers.
- Confirm lodgement and uplifts of Securities (i.e. equities, fixed interest) within NZClear.
- Support team colleagues to ensure all aspects of the Team’s work are completed accurately and on time.
- At least two years’ experience, and a thorough understanding, with domestic and foreign financial market transactions
- Experience and knowledge of SWIFT.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following systems would be advantageous – NZClear, ESAS, Euroclear, CLS, NZX, BaNC’s, and Registry Managers.
- Completed or have an interest in completing the NZFMA Operations module.
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on maintaining a good relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise and plan work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in working on periodic rosters (including approximately one week every 6-10 weeks) in supervisory/sole role.
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others in a small team environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience within a major banking and financial services institution.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.