Salary Competitive salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Becky Gibson
Date posted 18 March 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Are you a newly qualified CA that enjoys engaging with stakeholders but are unsure on your next move? A respected New Zealand organisation is currently seeking a recently qualified Chartered Accountant to join their high functioning team in a permanent capacity.
As the Risk Advisor, you will undertake work designed to provide risk services to the CEO, management and the Audit and Risk Sub-Committee. You will aim to identify significant risks with a view of owning and managing it, while improving the general risk culture and awareness within the organisation.
- Facilitate workshops with business units, functions and projects to identify risks and existing controls
- Support the development of plans to remedy control weaknesses
- Assist with the establishment of risk reporting for teams and business units
- Give ad-hoc Risk Management advice to teams, business units and project
- Provide advice and training to staff
- Perform independent risk-based assessments
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Experience Big 4/second tier firm is preferred
- A proactive nature, with the ability to engage with the business and build credibility
- Understands the need for, and the application of, risk management and associated internal controls
- Able to develop and apply effective process improvement strategies and initiatives
As the successful candidate, you will be a dynamic individual who can interact with the business on an analytical and inter-personal level, and who can motivate people in the pursuit of growth and innovation.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Gibson on 04 471 9725.