Treasury Financial Accountant
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 23 April 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An established New Zealand operated and managed bank is seeking a Treasury Financial Accountant to join their highly competent Finance team.
The incumbent will be responsible for the treasury accounting function, collaborating with multiple functions across the bank, including, Financial Markets, Treasury, Financial Accounting and External reporting.
- Production of daily Profit & Loss reporting for the Sales desks, with sufficient insight provided to enable an understanding of the impacts from key market drivers
- Daily reconciliation of Treasury Management System positions
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of general ledger input and reconciliation process
- Develop and maintain high quality, accurate and insightful reporting for both Treasury and Financial markets that facilitates effective decision making
- Support production of external reports for both Wholesale Accounting and Financial Accounting
- Provide Finance partnering support and advice on key funding initiatives and capital projects/ initiatives
- Contribute to key regulatory reporting including, monthly Crown Reporting, RBNZ reporting and Department of Statistics reporting obligations
- Lead reporting innovations so that financial and treasury accounting changes and management activity are correctly reported for and drive process improvements
- CA/CPA qualification is essential, with 2+ years post qualification experience
- Robust analytical experience and skill with the ability to interpret detail and understand the big picture, identifying drivers behind the financials
- Strong reconciliation and internal control background, has excellent attention to detail, is outcome focused and has proven problem-solving skills
- Exposure to financial derivates is preferred; an understanding of how they are priced, valued and moved in response to market movements
- Experience in business process improvement with a practical understanding of process design, documentation and continuous quality improvement discipline
- Proven ability to contribute to projects in a complex environment; experienced and successful at working in large multi-pronged projects
Ongoing training and development will be provided to the incumbent as well as opportunities to progress within the bank.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.