Salary Salary plus bonus
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 29 November 2016
A leading independent provider in the lending space are looking for a hungry underwriter to join their team. This is a robust and extremely successful business who would like somebody like-minded to help make them the number one specialist lender in the country.
This company is an independent lending provider, based in both New Zealand and Australia who focus largely on residential mortgages but also commercial lending, motor loans, insurance and personal loans.
This role sits in an underwriting team who focus on the non-confirming lending market. You will utilise their decision-making software tools in assessing credit applications for new deals. You will work through assessment stages, check various verifying paperwork and work through the loans to determine if it can be written. You will then decide the rate and the relevant LVR which you will assist brokers to negotiate.
- Credit assessment for loan applications
- Ensuring all applications are accurately recorded
- Confirming all credit decisions are consistent with rules
- Demonstrating distinguished services to all internal and external customers
- Steady, diligent and methodical approach
- Experience of working in an independent lending environment or some experience of working in a retail bank
- An understanding that very high working standards are expected
This role is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, hard-working individual to join a supportive and enthusiastic team where career progression, learning and development will be fully supported.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.