Head of Retail Risk
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 19 March 2017
Significant growth within the industry and ensuing success of the company has created the opportunity for a key risk-management leader to join this high performing team.
This company is a leading provider of financial, investment and advisory services both in the Auckland market and on a global scale.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction of the credit risk framework across all retail and wealth management products in New Zealand. You will oversee the full credit lifecycle on all portfolios, ensuring a risk adjusted margin approach is used to maximise customer profitability, for appropriately setting/tracking LIC targets, and managing the credit quality of all portfolios against risk appetite and for full compliance against all regulatory, regional and local approved policies.
- Driving risk strategy and results in line with local aspirations and the wider Regional/Group plans, along with a view to addressing future economic/industry trends
- Management of all second line of defence credit decisioning over the full life cycle
- Plan/co-ordinate/lead the introduction/implementation of new risk management tools
- Ensure credit policies and procedures for all retail and wealth products are market competitive and compliant with regulatory and Group requirements
- Develop a strong team culture and ensure they maintain the required skillset and experience
- Leadership on all risk matters with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Regulators, industry bodies, auditors, regional/group colleagues etc.)
- Drives the implementation of change within retail and wealth Risk, or part of wider Group initiatives
- Maintain internal control standards, including the timely implementation of audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience working with SAS
- Experience working in mortgage risk and secured lending
- Demonstrable skills in leadership, communication and strategic thinking
- Broad and deep retail banking/risk experience, with a detailed appreciation of credit risk issues throughout the portfolio cycle
- Strong stakeholder management experience in dealing with executives at all levels, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business
- Understanding risk and making decisions in complex situations where there are potentially major consequences for the business
- Experience with regulators and other external industry bodies will be looked upon favourably
This is an excellent opportunity to make this newly created role your and be part of an exciting growth period where hard work will be fully rewarded.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.