Credit Manager – Business & Commercial Banking
Salary Competitive salary plus bonus
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 25 February 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
A leading Chinese bank with growing operations in the Auckland market is seeking a Credit Manager to join the team and focus on the Business & Commercial Banking sector.
The incumbent will be the credit expert and advisor for business and commercial lending to the wider team and bring strong local knowledge, lending assessment skills and experience to broaden the depth of credit risk management in the bank.
- Establish and maintain internal credit policies and procedures to ensure they are clear, concise, effective and relevant with current market practices and outlook while meeting all regulatory requirements
- Assist, develop and enhance credit risk boundaries, policies and practices in terms of business and commercial lending
- Assess the overall creditworthiness of funding applications and make recommendations for structuring lending facilities that help mitigate risks and facilitate customer solutions
- Utilise experience to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and enhance revenue, monitor the business and commercial credit portfolio and ensure the asset quality within risk limits of the bank
- Provide active input on the management of the overall lending portfolio including early identification of industry and/or individual customer deterioration to proactively identify and remedy emerging high risk customers
- Provide expertise and advises regarding stress tests on business and commercial credit portfolio, any title check, audit or related investigation
- At least 5 years credit assessment/management experience within the NZ business/commercial banking environment
- Proven track record as a credit manager/analyst, excellent skills and understanding of business and commercial lending products, risk boundaries, assessment tools and market practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven experience liaising with senior management and executives including preparation of credit risk related reports to present to the Board
- Mandarin language ability preferred but not essential
Ongoing training and development will be provided to the successful candidate and the opportunity to progress your career within the bank.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.