Chief Risk Officer
Salary Salary + bonus
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 18 March 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
The Chief Risk Officer will join one of the most powerful and valuable banking corporations globally who run a wholesale and retail banking business in New Zealand.
The incumbent will have ownership of all the Risk and Compliance functions across New Zealand. This remit will include responsibility for all credit market and operational risks and will also factor in liquidity to the range of responsibilities.
- Lead and manage the Bank’s team of dedicated risk management
- Monitor and report on adherence to and consistency of strategic initiatives with both Board-approved and Group risk appetite, risk management framework and risk profile
- Implement and maintain a sound bank-wide integrated risk management governance framework
- Oversee the risk management framework including credit, investment, market, operational, liquidity, ethics and reputation risk etc., measuring risk and providing quantitative analytical support to the lines of business in risk measurement, modelling and reporting
- Oversee the Bank’s Stress Testing and ICAAP programs in compliance with regulatory requirements, ensuring that stress testing and capital utilisation is embedded in decision-making processes
- Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with business partners, key stakeholders and collaterals
- A minimum of ten years of financial services experience in risk oversight roles covering credit, counterparty, investment, market, liquidity and operational risk
- Risk Management professional certification would be preferred
- Proven experience in implementing and managing Enterprise Risk Management strategy and governance, risk and compliance activities
- Good knowledge and grasp of banking practices, financial markets, Basel III and products at a higher level and awareness of the country regulatory framework
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements, expectations and business impacts
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to tailor your message to suit your audience
The Chinese banking sector is an ever present and rapidly growing market in New Zealand and one which will continue to expand, evolve and shape the way in which business is transacted from institutional, commercial and retail perspectives. This particular bank is a market leader and pioneer in embracing both its own traditions and the culture of the country in which it has chosen to do business. The CRO role is an opportunity for a forward thinking individual to be part of that.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.