Senior Operational Risk Manager
Salary Salary + Bonus
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 18 March 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
A leading Chinese banking corporation with a strong presence globally and a growing presence in the Auckland market is seeking a Senior Operational Risk Manager to join the team in this newly created role. In New Zealand the bank provides both wholesale and retail banking products and services.
The primary function of the Senior Operational Risk Manager is to focus on the anticipation, mitigation and recovery of operational risk in the second line of defence. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting research on operational control weaknesses, errors in judgment, policy or technical deficiencies.
- Support implementation of the operational risk management framework to facilitate the identification, measurement, management, monitoring and reporting of operational risks
- Manage operational risk exposures and activities in the bank in line with risk appetite, risk framework, policies and procedures and other controls
- Provide operational risk training, education and information to the business
- Assist in the development, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of business processes, procedures, systems and tools that ensure employees adhere to internal / external regulation
- Communicate and share analysis regularly with process owners and management and prepare of operational risk reports to Management and Board Risk Committees
- Tertiary qualified with minimum 5 years of financial services experience, with a substantial portion of that experience in operational risk management
- Excellent knowledge of banking products, services and procedures and the regulatory environment which governs this
- Strong proven track record of interpreting regulatory and compliance requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, alongside strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage projects and allocate resources
- Solutions focused with strong analytical abilities, generating innovative and practical solutions
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders combined with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
The Chinese banking sector is an ever present and rapidly growing market in New Zealand and one which will continue to expand, evolve and shape the way in which business is transacted from institutional, commercial and retail perspectives. This particular bank is a market leader and pioneer in embracing both its own traditions and the culture of the country in which it has chosen to do business. The Senior Operational Risk Manager role is an opportunity for a forward thinking individual to be part of that.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.