Legal and Compliance Officer
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 6 May 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
OFC is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes. OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community and works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
In this newly created role, the Legal and Compliance Officer will ensure OFC operates in a legal, compliant and ethical manner. This will involve establishing and maintaining legal and compliance frameworks and their implementation within the organisation as well providing legal advice and support to the General Secretariat.
- Develop and implement effective legal and compliance frameworks
- Create sound internal controls and monitor their adherence
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses and collaborate with external auditors when needed
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices and address concerns/questions on legal compliance
- Provide general advice on all legal and governance matters relating to the work of the General Secretariat, statutory bodies and member associations
- Prepare, draft and review all relevant legal documents (i.e. contract), regulations, policies and other documents
- Provide advice on all matters relating to recruitment, engagement and employment of all personnel, staff grievances and disputes
- Support the General Secretary and Chief Operating Officer in matters relevant to judicial bodies including all communications, reports, correspondence, organising relevant hearing and related matters
- Tertiary qualified in Finance, Law, Commerce or other related discipline preferably with a compliance and/or risk management professional qualification
- Contract law exposure and experience dealing with judiciary bodies
- Sound judgement and analytical skills, with an emphasis on application in a regulatory and compliance environment
- Sound relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: persuasive, ability to listen to other ideas and the ability to engage others in your ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management experience
Ongoing training and development will be provided for the incumbent as well as multiple staff benefits.
Please note any CV’s sent directly to OFC will be redirected to Robert Walters for consideration.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.