Senior Business Analyst
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Charlotte Holmes
Date posted 4 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 it Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/MBIE Logo CMS.gif
The Ministry of Business Innovation, and Employment is seeking Senior Business Analysts to join the Service Design & Performance group within Immigration New Zealand. At Immigration NZ (INZ), it all starts with our people. The organisation’s performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. Our business has a strong vision for the future focused on Striking the Balance; ensuring INZ functions as one cohesive team, prioritising identifying risks early and ensuring immigration has positive outcomes for migrants and communities, whilst ensuring our borders are safe and that migrants continue to make New Zealand their home.
There are multiple Senior Business Analyst opportunities within the Immigration practice available, where you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow your career within a flexible and diverse workplace, where new ideas and talent is fostered and invested in. All successful candidates will be expected to be able to work with a variety of stakeholders, across a number of interesting and high-profile projects.
Key requirements and skills:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- Involvement in complex IT projects and an understanding of Waterfall, Agile, and iterative project life cycles
- Exposure to or experience with complex system environments
- Experience in multiple methods of requirements elicitation (e.g. Interview, Workshop, Survey)
- Process and data modelling experience
- Thought leadership – ability to question the status quo, problem solving, innovative thinking, and analytical, conceptual and strategic thinker
- Strong modelling skills
- Ability to use BPMN to create business process models
- Ability to write user stories and do user story mapping
- Strong documentation skills – excellent written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills – relationship building and communication
- Experience with JIRA and Sparx advantageous
- Adaptable approach, with a hands on, team focused mindset
Project assignments are varied, and there are many high profile and interesting pieces of work you could be involved in helping shape as a Senior Business Analyst within INZ. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established but growing team, and be at the heart of shaping how New Zealand operates its borders.
You will join a dynamic team of like-minded people eager to shape the future of New Zealand. You will relish the chance to take ownership of your development, deliver excellent results to your customers, and you will be known for your approachable and friendly nature.
Make your mark in Immigration New Zealand.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.