Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Harriet Mcguire
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-09 it Wellington Central Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 90 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a broad role which will have you working across a range of data and workstreams, to support business decisions. Working with key stakeholders across a number of different data and information activities.
A large government organisation requires an experienced technical-focused Business Analyst to join their team. Experience in data storage, data standards, data warehousing, business intelligence and reporting tools is required. You will be someone who can employ a consultative style and easily adapt your approach to the project you are focused on, with a focus on positive outcomes for the business.
- Facilitating analysis and design workshops
- Documenting business processes and data definitions
- Performing data impact assessments for projects and initiatives
- Consulting and advising on data and information practices
- Supporting development and maintenance of registers of information assets, work requests, documentation and schedules
- Analysing system usage data to identify trends and opportunities
- Working with support teams to deliver training
- Attending and contributing to forums and communities of practice
- Proven experience in Business Analyst roles, with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience working with business intelligence, data analysis or information management
- Familiar with products and service design techniques
- Experience in accelerated delivery methodologies such as Agile or Lean practices e.g. Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, Six Sigma
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent facilitation skills, including experience in running complex workshops
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience; and a commitment to ongoing professional development
As an experienced Business Analyst, you will be acting as a trusted advisor, working in high level strategic business engagements. You will have excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills and will be well versed at working with all levels of the business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McGuire on 04 471 9771.