Senior Business Analyst
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Harriet Mcguire
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-10-28 public-sector-and-housing Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 90 125 125 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Transformation and Change portfolio is the permanent capability leading delivery of significant initiatives within the organisations investment portfolio and provides the Centre of Excellence for programme and project delivery.
The purpose of the Strategy and Partnerships group is to enable us to deliver our strategic intent. To support the delivery of these outcomes, the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for understanding and developing business requirements, business processes and information requirements for transformation and change initiatives. They will interact with subject matter experts from the organisation's operational groups and external agencies and partners, carrying out quality business requirements definition and business process mapping and supporting their implementation.
The Senior Business Analyst position provides business analysis services at a senior level (i.e. responsibilities are carried out at an advanced level – self-sufficiently, knowledgeably, and able to lead and guide the work of others).
- Proven experience in leading and planning business analysis tasks and deliverables for a variety of programme and project sizes and types.
- Proven experience mentoring and guiding Business Analysts in the development of their deliverables.
- Experience in providing high quality documentation and communications (verbal and written) within a project or programme – covering business analysis & research, business process mapping, and the documentation of business requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Experience in successfully managing and influencing diverse stakeholder relationships both within an organisation and externally (i.e. vendors, across organisations).
- Extensive understanding of modelling techniques and methods and experience in the use of modelling tools.
- Understanding of and experience with developing business cases (including large / complex).
- Strong self-management skills in being able to take the initiative on business analysis activities without assistance, to apply a range of appropriate analytical techniques with minimal supervision, and to solve problems with minimal supervision.
Advantageous to have:
- Knowledge of the Better Business Case Methodology.
- Knowledge of project methodologies e.g. PRINCE2.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McGuire on 04 471 9771.