Process Improvement Specialist
Salary $65,000 - $80,000 per annum
Consultant Sophie Edgecombe
Date posted 7 June 2022wellington business-transformation/business-analyst 2022-06-07 2022-08-06 it Wellington CBD Wellington NZ NZD 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This large, complex public sector organisation is seeking a Process Improvement Specialist to support a range of initiatives and projects across the business.
About the role:
As the Process Improvement Specialist, you will plan, develop, lead and support customer centric business, process and system improvements across the Ministry to deliver equitable and excellent outcomes
We are looking for your ability to work with sponsors, project leads and those being impacted by change, to plan, lead, and coach others through the business improvement process. You will be able to apply your improvement skills and experience both directly and through advice and coaching to enable the other areas within the group to achieve their goals.
• Manage key relationships and act as a trusted advisor to Ministry leaders and managers in business improvement
• Co-design improvement solutions with customers and stakeholders and demonstrate the benefit of business improvement tools and approaches
• Work with business groups to define the requirements needed to improve processes and systems, reduce costs, enhance sustainability, and quantify potential business benefits
• Provide support and expertise in process improvement, Lean Six Sigma, and other tools to support the development of strategy, change proposals and investment initiatives
• Facilitate strategic conversations that generate practical initiatives that are valued by customers
• Engage with customers and stakeholders to understand all voices of the customer eco-system
• Proven experience in a process analysis or business improvement role
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
• Human centred design and business analysis knowledge and experience
• Ability to maintain effective work relationships, add value and initiate courageous conversations with key internal stakeholders
• Ability to develop trusted advisor status as a business partner
• Ability to influence others and business groups
This role provides the opportunity to make a tangible difference to people in New Zealand. You will utilise your process improvement and analysis expertise in a team of specialists who you will learn from. You will receive a combination of professional development and on-the-job learning.
You may need to travel nationally on occasion and can work from home 2-3 of days per week, taking ownership of your work and schedule.