Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Lauren Hamilton
Date posted 3 February 2017
The Early Learning and Student Achievement function performs a crucial role within the Ministry, working between the strategy and policy teams and the sector facing functions.
The role of the Ministry of Education is to facilitate the design and implementation of an education system that lifts the aspirations and raises the achievement of all New Zealanders. It provides and delivers the policies, systems, expertise, support, curriculum, resources and infrastructure to enable education sector leaders to deliver a high-performing and more equitable education system.
About the role:
As the Director Pathways, Investment and Innovation you will be responsible for driving and delivering important and complex programmes of work. Your mission will be to maximise achievement outcomes for learners at all levels by providing thought leadership and direction to initiatives using evidence based investment strategies.
- Drive practical application of innovation, investment and design frameworks into high priority programmes and projects
- Work along side and advise sector leaders, Ministers, boards and cabinet committees, across ministries and supporting groups
- Take the lead on multiple, complex, cross cutting work programmes
- Provide expert support to programme and project executives, managers and staff
- Champion innovation, agility, pace and excellence in design and delivery of programmes and initiatives
- Provide mentoring and staff development opportunities
- Experience managing investment strategies across multiple programmes
- Highly developed ability to translate strategy into action
- An expert level of programme and project management
- Experience forming and leading cross-functional teams to deliver programmes of work across the learner pathway
- Understand the machinery of government in New Zealand
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Prince2 or PMP is essential
- MSP and Agile are desirable
As part of this team you will champion change for large, New Zealand wide initiatives that will have tangible benefits across the country. You will be challenged and engaged while building your skills and expertise. Each day, we work to create and deliver policies, infrastructure and systems to help children and students succeed. We need people like you - dedicated, passionate and driven - to help us continue to make a difference by lifting aspiration and raising educational achievement for every New Zealander.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Hamilton on 04 471 9737.