Advisor, Office of the Deputy Secretary BE&S
Consultant Lauren Hamilton
Date posted 13 August 2018 2018-08-13it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Help Shape the Future of Education. The Ministry of Education is the governments lead advisor on the education system, shaping direction for the Ministry, other government agencies and education providers. As part of a new look for this function, the team has grown and opportunities for several positions within the centralised Business Enablement and Support are now available.
About the role:
Education is looking for an Advisor to assist with reporting, correspondence and more, to support high level internal stakeholders. This role calls for someone who is customer focused, highly organised and a team player.
- Coordinate responses to OIAs, PQs, estimates, ministerial and other requests, to ensure quality, timely and accurate responses
- Commission and track work on the work register and provide support and influence to ensure work is completed on time and to a high-quality level
- Manage inbox’s, responding to emails where appropriate, or delegating them to the correct person in the team
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships to support the organisations performance
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with people at all levels
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Experience working in an administrative, support or reporting role
• Experience and/or knowledge of the government sector
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that is focused on making a difference in the future of New Zealand
We work together to shape an education system that delivers excellent and equitable outcomes.
Ko tā mātou he waihanga i tētahi pūnaha mātauranga e tuku ai he otinga tōkeke, he otinga hiranga
Applications close Wednesday 22nd August 5pm.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Hamilton on 04 471 9737.