Salary Competitive rate
Consultant Vaite Villouta Sandoval
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-12 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Work for a large well known government organisation within an Enterprise Portfolio Management Office. Enable good decision making across various Portfolio Boards providing analysis and support. This is a great opportunity to further develop you analysis skills and advance your career. About the role: The purpose of the Portfolio Analyst role is to support the EPMO in the achievement of these objectives. Specifically this includes: * Trend and performance analysis across MBIE’s Investment Portfolio * Supporting the efficient running of MBIE’s investment governance boards * Championing the application of the project delivery framework * Supporting the project delivery tools created and maintained by the EPMO * The Portfolio Analyst provides a key role in enabling good decision making across the various Portfolio Boards by providing accurate performance analysis and support to the Portfolio support functions and EPMO team.
- Work with the Portfolio Performance Manager to ensure appropriate performance analytics and metrics are in place
- Manage the information gathering for OIA’s, Annual review and Estimates questions and Treasury Major Programme and Project reporting
- Provide secretariat functions for the monthly Investment Board meeting, including co-ordinating agendas, meeting packs, minutes and actions
- Keep timely, accurate records of all Governance activity using the Project Management system
- Assist with developing insights into Project Health checks
- Conduct new starter inductions and training when required.
- Work with Project Managers and teams to improve data integrity to enable accurate performance reporting.
- Assist with co-ordination of annual Investment Planning process, and the analysis of its outputs.
- Assist with preparation for Treasury led Investor Confidence Assessments (ICR)
- Manages own personal health and safety, and takes appropriate action to deal with workplace hazards, accidents and incidents.
- Ensures own and others safety at all times.
- Complies with relevant safety legislation, policies, procedures, safe systems of work and event reporting.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, including near misses in a timely fashion.
• Tertiary qualification or relevant work experience.
• 2-3 years working in a structured project delivery environment.
• Knowledge and appropriate application of project management tools.
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies.
• Excellent written, analytical and verbal communication skills.
• Extremely organised and systematic with an attention to detail.
• Understands the sense of urgency in a project environment.
• Demonstrated ability to write standard reports and formal communications.
• Meets deadlines
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team. You must be multi-faceted and able to pick up anything.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Vaite Villouta Sandoval on 04 471 9733.