Consultant Alyse Barclay
Date posted 11 October 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This government organization needs a project coordinator to provide support across the IT project team.
You will be working for a large government organisation. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced team and utilise your coordination skills.
In this position your primary purpose is to provide project management support to specific projects. You will be an experienced project coordinator assigned to one or multiple projects.
You must have excellent relationship building, administration & organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands. Ability to be flexible and pick up new tasks is crucial.
- Provide high quality project/programme administration services and support to the project/ programme team(s), sponsors, and other governance groups in relation to the project/ programme.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders to facilitate the successful delivery and integration of project/programme outcomes.
- Manage project/programme schedules, reviewing schedules regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are on track and addressing any variances or escalating to the project / programme manager where necessary with recommendations for action.
- Maintain records and registers to ensure an accurate and up to date reflection of project/ programme status.
- Maintain and monitor risk management records and issue logs, identifying and escalating any concerns to the project/programme manager with recommendations for resolution.
- Monitor, analyse and report on budgets and forecasts to the project/programme manager, highlighting any variances and providing suggestions for resolution.
- Ensure change control practices are followed and recorded for any changes to project/ programme parameters.
- Develop high quality project/programme documentation and reports, including coordinating input from team members and ensuring consistency of styles and formatting, and version control.
- Support effective project/programme communications, including the provision of accurate and timely information to inform key messages to stakeholders and developing presentations.
- Experience supporting projects / programmes in a complex environment.
- Solid understanding and application of widely recognised project / programme management tools, techniques and methodologies.
- Experience of effectively using common project / programme management software packages.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and report on project variances and trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience of producing high quality reports and other documents for a range of audiences.
- Understanding of budgets and forecasts with experience of reporting on variances.
- Knowledge or the ability to quickly learn policies and processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly create rapport.
This role will be a great opportunity to work closely with other professionals and to be part of a great team while furthering your professional development and coordination skills.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Alyse Barclay on 04 471 9741.