Development Project Coordinator
Consultant Vaite Villouta Sandoval
Date posted 23 November 2018 2018-11-232019-01-22 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. The Pacific and Development Group (PDG) leads an integrated approach to New Zealand’s diplomatic and development engagement with Pacific countries and is responsible for the delivery of the New Zealand Aid Programme in the Pacific, and globally.
About the role:
The Development Project Coordinator position has the following key objectives:
- Deliver timely and high-quality development related business outputs in accordance with the Government’s priorities and mandates and aid effectiveness principles.
- Maintain high standards for Activity performance (budget, schedule, quality, environmental and social).
- Maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively internally, externally and internationally.
- Strong project management, planning and organisation skills, and the ability to manage projects and a work programme.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in project and contract management (including finance and administration).
- Proven ability to convey complex information logically and concisely.
- Ability to identify risks and plan appropriate mitigation.
- Ability to research and analyse issues and advise on appropriate actions.
- Ability to use data systems and on-line search engines.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a range of complex tasks simultaneously.
- Relevant post-graduate degree or an equivalent undergraduate degree, with a minimum of 3 years professional experience relevant to the role.
This is a great opportunity to use your coordination skills in an exciting environment.
The ideal candidate will have initiative, sound judgement and excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills. They will be comfortable undertaking Ministerial servicing such as preparing briefings and responding to OIAs and Ministerials.
It would be advantageous to have: Agriculture, Infrastructure, Energy and/or IT infrastructure or Telecommunications sector experience, development experience, policy experience, or government experience.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Vaite Villouta Sandoval on 04 471 9733.