Manager, Project Capability
Consultant Charlotte Holmes
Date posted 11 April 20192019-04-11 2019-06-10 it Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 130000 160000 160000 YEAR Ministry of Justice
Justice is the foundation of any democratic society and New Zealand has one of the most trusted public services in the world. At the Ministry of Justice, we work as one team to provide a great service to the public every day. We lead the justice sector and our role is wide-ranging – we administer the courts, the legal aid system and the Public Defence Service. We provide policy advice to the government and advise on legislation relating to the courts, justice system and New Zealand’s constitution. We also negotiate settlement of historic Treaty of Waitangi claims for the Crown and administer the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act. Our team of over 3000 work across the country and are passionate about making a difference for New Zealanders. They work for an organisation which values excellence and service and treats people with integrity and respect and they make a difference and change people’s lives.
About the role:
The Manager, Project Capability is primarily responsible for managing the team of Project Managers and Project Co-ordinators. This team provides the shared project resources used to support change projects within the ICT Portfolio.
In order to support the variable change delivery workload, the project workforce numbers will be required to flex to meet demand. The Manager, Project Capability will work closely with their ICT Design and Delivery colleagues to manage workforce needs.
As a leadership position within Products and Services Delivery this position is jointly accountable for the establishment and maintenance of a collaborative ‘one organisation’ approach and customer service ethic by identifying and championing a range of initiatives which communicate and embed this approach.
- Lead the definition of project and programmes to be delivered
- Engage and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure that delivery aligns with wider strategic objectives for the business
- Report on the performance and status of projects
- Ensure that appropriate tools and methodologies are being used and implemented effectively
- Support, coach and mentor your team
- Manage allocated budget in a sustainable way to ensure best value for money
- Ensure best practice people policies and practices are embedded in ICT
- Previous experience managing and leading teams
- Project management capability experience in large and complex organisations and in an Agile context
- Proven knowledge of continuous improvement, workforce planning, financial management and project and programme methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills – comfortable working with a wide network of people
- Ability to think strategically
- Workforce planning to enable effective and efficient delivery
This is a great opportunity to help lead and shape a team to ensure that effective delivery of projects is achieved.
When you join the Ministry of Justice you’ll play an important role in helping to keep our communities safe and ensure our justice system is fair and credible. We work together to ensure a safe and just New Zealand.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.