Senior Project Manager
Salary $135,000 - $145,000 per annum
Consultant Vaite Villouta Sandoval
Date posted 3 May 20192019-05-08 2019-07-02 public-sector-and-housing Wellington CBD Wellington NZ NZD 135000 145000 145000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Exciting opportunity to manage projects for a government agency working to keep New Zealand Safe. The projects are unique and interesting with high level stakeholders.
As the project manager you will ensure that project management systems and processes are in place to successfully deliver work. You will undertake critical management tasks and help trouble-shoot and alleviate pressure for the Leadership team. You will liaise closely with many different stakeholders to deliver outcomes and provide project management support to the Integrated Project Team Leader, Project Leads and other key project personnel.
- Support Integrated Project Team Leaders in the delivery of projects within agreed timeframes, budget and quality measures.
- Plan, manage and monitor the progress of the project
- Manage a small project support team for large and complex projects
- Work closely together with different units and liaison with industry and many stakeholders
- Know when to escalate risks
- Develop and oversee project schedules
- Maintain and manage project finances
- Areas of particular responsibility for the division include source selection, contract negotiation and management and project management
- A proven track record in supporting project delivery for large, multi-faceted and complex projects
- Experience in a project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2) and their application
- Procurement and project financial management experience
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to deal with complex, conceptual issues and to apply problem solving techniques
- Outstanding communication skills with confidence to present yourself in front of high-level officials
- Excellent scheduling and Microsoft Project skills
- Extremely organised and systematic with an attention to detail
- High Integrity – approachable and trustworthy
- A relevant tertiary qualification or project management qualification or extensive and comparable experience
You must be a New Zealand citizen and have or be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security Clearance
This is a high-level opportunity to work with important projects within Government.
Exciting three-year fixed term contract opportunity to work across government agencies on large and complex projects.
Be part of a dynamic team and use your experience and knowledge in a large, complex environment. This is a great opportunity to work with high level stakeholders and take ownership of your work.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Vaite Villouta Sandoval on 04 471 9733.