Senior Project Manager
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Harriet Mcguire
Date posted 29 August 20192019-08-29 2019-10-28 public-sector-and-housing Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 109 145 145 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Transformation and Change portfolio is the permanent capability leading delivery of significant initiatives within Police’s investment portfolio and provides the Centre of Excellence for programme and project delivery. The purpose of the Strategy and Partnerships group is to enable us to deliver our strategic intent.
To support the delivery of these outcomes, the Senior Project Manager role is required to plan, lead and manage complex or critical projects to ensure delivery on agreed objectives within time, cost and scope constraints using appropriate processes, tools and techniques.
- Plan complex or critical projects (including cost, scope, time and quality requirements), determine resource requirements, develop project schedules and budgets and identify dependencies.
- Advise on and negotiate project priorities, constraints, inter-dependencies, requirements, project management methodology, phases and decision points.
- Advise on resource allocation including the use of contractors and other external and internal resources including vendors.
- Manages and contributes to tender processes such as requests for information and requests for proposal to secure goods and services needed to deliver the projects as required.
- Provides effective integrated planning and estimating, managed and considered execution, implementation and change management.
- Identifies and analyses change management impacts and options and works collaboratively with groups that are implementing projects to ensure that project objectives are met.
- Remain responsible for managing approved capital and operating project budgets.
- Support the ongoing development of any assigned project team members, provide constructive feedback where appropriate and addresses any performance issues or conflict effectively to ensure a high performing team.
- Extensive experience at a senior level in a variety of project management and business transformation projects with a track record of delivering multiple, complex projects on time, to specification and within budget.
- Experience in mentoring and coordinating the work of a team in all aspects of project management and business change.
- Experience in risk management in defining, mitigating and managing a diverse risk profile.
- Experience in applying, and knowledge of, SDLC principles and practices, is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of project methodologies e.g. PRINCE2, PMP.
- Knowledge of Sentient or similar project management systems.
- Knowledge of the public sector environment and government processes is desirable
- Highly effective oral and written communication and negotiation skills including the ability to successfully engage the participation and support of stakeholders across the organisation and represent the organisation to external stakeholders.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McGuire on 04 471 9771.