A project manager's role has a strong focus on delivering results.
Project managers may be expected to manage multiple projects as well as manage teams of business analysts, testers and developers and have a focus on end-to-end delivery.
Find out if you've got what it takes to make it as a project manager.
What qualifications do I need?
Project managers typically hold a degree in information systems and certifications such as ITIL, PM1 and Prince2. Some organisations may require project managers to be Scrum Masters or advocates of other methodologies.
Key attributes for successful project managers include:
- Ability to deliver projects on budget and on time
- Effective management of complications and risks
- Team management experience - you will be leading a high performing team of business analysts, developers, testers and subject matter experts
- Excellent communications skills and customer focus - you will provide clarity to stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Effective management of complications and risk
- Manage and negotiate project scope
Magic CV Words
PM1, Prince2, Agile, SDLC, stakeholder management, vendor management, staff management, deadline and budget responsibilities.
Project managers can expect to earn between $80-135k per annum. Download our global salary survey for more information.
Project manager career prospects
Talented project managers have varied career prospects and can move into the following roles:
If you're interested in a project management career then get in touch with one of business transformation consultants of check out the latest vacancies.