Principal & Senior Advisor – Planning and Performance
Consultant Camden Bullivant
Date posted 10 January 2019 2019-01-102019-03-11 public-sector-and-housing Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 80000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This leading government department is seeking both an energetic, intelligent Principal and Senior Advisor to work as part of a newly formed Planning and Performance team. These roles bring complexity and interesting projects in a large organisation which will benefit somebody looking for a new challenge.
About the role:
Be involved with shaping the work programme moving forward in a high performing environment, which is enabled by pursuing collaboration and expertise across the group. The purpose of these roles is to be a trusted business partner in growing New Zealand for all, through their priorities of People, Customers, Performance and Efficiency.
The Principal Advisor, Planning is responsible for:
- Providing intellectual leadership in planning and performance reporting, advice and support across the branch.
- Key focus will be to improve the Ministry’s outcomes and drive an integrated planning an performance reporting cycle across the Ministry and deliver major planning products.
- The Principal Advisor will also provide leadership and coaching to the Planning and Performance team ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices and to lift performance and drive new and innovative ways of thinking across the branch.
Somebody who can bring best practice from a complex working environment, and is interested in being able to provide thought leadership will work best in this role.
The Senior Advisor will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Manager Planning and Performance and the Principal Advisors to improve the Ministry’s outcomes, appropriations and performance measures
- Provide planning and performance support to the wider group.
- Effectively reviewing the Ministry’s key performance measures and planning tools, and suggesting improvements
- Supporting the production of key accountability documents, tools and processes across MBIE
- Providing guidance and support to Advisors.
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably to postgraduate level
Both roles will have the opportunity to work across non-financial and financial aspects, and would suit somebody who has a background or interest in developing both.
This is an opportunity to broaden your experience within an organisation that supports and encourages professional and career development.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Camden Bullivant on 04 471 9746.