Emissions and Climate Manager
Consultant Siobhan Chaney
Date posted 4 August 2022auckland general-mgt-consultancy/corporate-strategy 2022-08-04 2022-10-03 telecommunications CBD Auckland NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, you will play an integral role in the growth and development of sustainability within the organisation, helping them become more resilient and efficient.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Sustainability, you will play an integral role in the growth and development of sustainability within the organisation, helping them become more resilient and efficient. You will do this through identifying, measuring, and managing the companies climate risk issues/opportunities as well as direct and indirect emissions.
- Support the Head of Sustainability in driving emissions reductions across the business and project manage the overall progress of our Emissions Reduction Plan
- Be across all relevant legislative framework, in particular, climate change
- Lead the expansion of the organisations’ scope 3 emissions data to ensure full transparency in reporting
- Continue to model the organisations’ predicted emissions reduction journey, working closely with Finance and other key stakeholders in the business
- Work closely with the Partnerships team and key suppliers/service companies on initiatives that support the emissions reduction journeys of the entire supply chain
- Support the Head of Sustainability and Head of Investor relations on the creation of sustainability reports
- Be an active participant in Sustainable Business Council activities and membership
- 5+ years’ climate/sustainability experience within a large organisation
- Relevant legislation and regulations knowledge (GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard, the Taskforce for Climate-Related financial Disclosures (TCFD), and XRB climate-related disclosures)
- Ideally degree qualified in a sustainability-related disciple such as business or engineering
- Experience in developing greenhouse gas inventory across scope 1,2 and 3 emissions
- Project management experience with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- An exceptional relationship builder with excellent communications skills
- Very strong technical ability
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Siobhan Chaney on 09 374 7361.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 28 July 2022About the company: Pinnacle Life aims to be the leading online life insurer in Aotearoa (New Zealand), making it easier for Kiwi’s to understand, buy and manage their life and living insurance needs. They keep value and affordability at the forefront of everything they do. Pinnacle Life believe in the products they sell and that they meet the needs of their customers. They have a deep passion to help their customers in the best way they can and provide insurance that is accessible and easy. Pinnacle Life come alongside people and help them understand what needs protecting. They deliver on their promises, providing a safety net to their customers and protecting them when they need it the most, with an effortless, efficient and effective approach. Over the years, Pinnacle Life has been recognised both locally and internationally for their innovative approach and passion for creating great customer experiences.