Director Investment Portfolio
Consultant Charlotte Holmes
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-08 2019-06-07 public-sector-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 160000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This role sits within the Strategy and Partnerships group, the purpose of which is to enable this organisation to deliver their reach their strategic intent. To support the delivery of these outcomes the Director Investment Portfolio Office will lead, establish, embed and run the Investment Portfolio Office and manage the investment portfolio processes.
The Director Investment Portfolio is one of two new senior leadership positions tasked with bringing the new investment model to realisation. Working in partnership with the Director Transformation and Change, the Director Investment Portfolio will make visible which change initiatives are pursued and why.
Leading a small team, you will establish and embed the Investment Portfolio Office and develop new processes to manage investment decision making, reporting and analysis. The role will also support two new governance groups- and Budget and Investment Committee and Investment Working Group.
- Ability to provide sound analysis and strategic advice to support investment budget/decision making
- Demonstrated financial acumen with a strong understanding of the financial management of assets
- Demonstrate ed understanding of asset management lifecycles and long term asset management planning
- A strong systems thinker
- Ability to present complex information in succinct, concise ways
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence investment decisions and approaches to improving investment confidence ratings
- Understanding of operating within an investment system
- Knowledge of financial and investment practices in the government sector
- Knowledge of best practice asset management and planning practices
The ideal candidate will have significant senior leadership experience and will be able to demonstrate having provided expert advice to senior decision makers. You will have experience leading through change, modelling innovation and working collaboratively to establish and deliver an integrated approach to investment planning and management, as well as the ability to lead and coordinate the Investor Confidence Rating process.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Holmes on 04 471 9734.