Branch Manager - Taupo
Consultant Peter Swinney
Date posted 27 June 2022auckland general-mgt-consultancy/general-management 2022-06-27 2022-08-26 public-sector-and-housing Taupo Waikato NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Branch Manager job in a prestigious resource recovery company has just become available in Taupo.
About the Branch Manager Role:
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, you will lead all operational activities and manage the entire Taupo enterprise. As the Branch Manager, you will lead a specialised team of transport workers, logistics and back office teams. This role will be hands on so you will be required to roll your sleeps up, get stuck in and be part of the team as well as an inspirational leader.
- Leading the daily operations in terms of people, fleet & plant maintenance, compliance and managing multiple stakeholders
- Maintaining lasting relationships with commercial customers and the local councils
- Delivering on financial performance and ability to analyse trends to ensure profitability
- Driving a positive team culture, and mentoring the team to grow & develop their skills
- Alongside our internal support teams, ensuring full adherence to policies & procedures
- Understanding and championing the health & safety for your site
- Managing multiple priorities and ensuring customer satisfaction with each service.
To succeed in this role you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of the transport & logistics fields.
- 5+ years' experience managing a large team within a fast-paced industry, ideally within transport or logistics,
- Understanding and knowledge of financial and accounting principles, with ability to review monthly reports and drive performance
- Experience working with local councils is highly advantage for this role
- Proven track record of managing a large fleet and building relationships with key vendors
- Proven experience leading a successful team, including multiple role groups (i.e. Drivers, Plant Operators and Administrators)
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety principles within a highly regulated industry and able to champion this across your team.
This company is much more than a recovery services firm and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.