Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-08 real-estate-and-property 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This role is a key contributor to the overall operational performance of an international portfolio to meet the Ministry’s strategic objectives.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) acts in the world to make New Zealand safer and more prosperous. We do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests and project New Zealand values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
The Ministry values are:
Impact: We achieve for New Zealand every day, everywhere.
Kotahitanga: We draw strength from our diversity.
Courage: We do the right thing.
Manaakitanga: We honour and respect others.
The Asset Management Division is responsible for leading the strategic and tactical asset planning and management of the Ministry’s properties and other assets. The Ministry has a network of 115+ office and Official Residence premises overseas, providing facilities and work environments for staff to conduct the Government’s official business effectively. It also has approximately 250 offshore staff residential properties, assets, and vehicles.
About the role:
Working out of Wellington, the role will Asset Manage an international portfolio.
At a high level it is about optimising and extracting best value from the asset over its life cycle and it is about making good decisions about how to maintain, renew or replace assets.
Customer facing: strong stakeholder relationship management skills are essential, to influence and create effective collaboration.
You will provide a full range of asset management leadership, expert advice and services including;
- Asset Management and planning
- Lease management
- Procurement, budgeting and fleet management
- Minor capital project delivery
Utilising and being a champion of the Asset Information Management System (AIMS) you will
- Develop Post Asset plans and a regional asset plan for both regional and global reporting
- Management of lease and rent review and renewals
- Advise on day to day lease and rent
- Management of Asset and capital budgets
- You must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government Security clearance.
- Expertise in the development and implementation of asset and lease life cycles plans
- Thorough understanding, appreciation and experience in full life asset management and total cost ownership, preferably within a diverse and wide spread portfolio
- Significant technical competence and experience in all aspects of the property assets industry
- Demonstrated leadership and management acumen
- A strong understanding of the machinery of government and the government decision making process
Joining MFAT in their Asset Management Division (AMD) team gives you the chance to be exposed to an international portfolio in complex environments and work within one of NZ’s leading agency.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.